History of Prima Bestari Institute
- Sabah Institute of Management (SIM) established in Tawau under Sabah Education Ordinance No.9 of 1961.
- Renamed to Institut Prima Bestari (IPB), meaning The Institution of Prime and Intelligent in Malay language.
- Relocated to Kota Kinabalu, Capital of Sabah, to provide strategic location for higher education learning.
- Signed MOU with Bond University, Gold Coast, Australia, for credit transfer for degree programs.
- Successfully registered with Kota Kinabalu City Hall under Trade Licensing Ordinance 1948 (Ordinance No. 16, Year 1948) to conduct and award certificates, diplomas and degree courses.
- First Institute in Malaysia joined as Institution Member of Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). ACBSP is an accreditation board recognized by Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA), USA.